On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Kevin Kleinfelter <ke...@kleinfelter.com>wrote:

> ...I can run the KX3 I/Q output through an SDR program,
> and use a software audio patch-board to create a virtual line in....

========
Not exactly. You can use a software virtual cable to create a virtual line
out from the SDR program, which can feed your digital program Fldigi or
whatever. Audio in to the KX3 goes into the mic jack. But remember you need
one sound card for the I-Q and another for the digital encode/decode.

> Finally, I see that the KX3 has I/Q out, but I don't see any I/Q input.

A panadapter program like PSDR has an I-Q input, but a hardware SDR
doesn't. It gets its RF in from the antenna and puts out I-Q for the pan
program.

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352