An automated response to an initial email should be standard practice in
business.  This lets the sender know they at least have the correct email
address, and should list the times the business is open, etc.

Not all email applications have the read receipt function.

I disagree with you.  This should be an avenue for both positive and negative
comments.  I don't want to read only about the positive, and Elecraft would
lose out on constructive criticism and ideas to continue to enhance the company.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS