Jim wrote:

Yes, if the measurement is made at a sufficiently low frequency, Xc is
insignificantly low.

The measurement is made at H.F. I'm sorry, I apparently confused the issue
by saying the applied square wave was at 60 kHz. That's NOT the measurement
frequency. The edges of the square wave include components extending through
the H.F. range, at least. The inductance is measured directly by noting the
effect it has on the edges of the square wave.

The advantage of that system is that it measures the inductance directly.
And a shift in the inductance of about 9% was observed by scrunching the
turns together.

Ron AC7AC