Wayne is right on that one.  Take a look at the K2 list of Mods.  A K2
with a serial number above 4060 has many improvements over earlier K2s.
While each one of those mods is not especially expensive, they do add
value to the product.

There likely will be no future mods to the K2 unless some redesign is
required because the original parts are no longer available - and there
have been 2 instances of that which I have been aware of - the speech
compressor on the KSB2 option and the encoder.  Both of these required
redesign efforts on the part of Elecraft - and that folks is on a 13
year old design.  What other manufacturer would expend design effort to
keep a 13 year old product going with replacement parts?  I think many
others would simply withdraw support.

Yeah for Elecraft and their commitment to provide support for their
products for as long as reasonably possible.

73,
Don W3FPR