Mike,

> I understand someone has put a list of option installation by the
> order they should be done. I have been looking around in archives and
> on the Elecraft page but no luck. Can anyone help with this?

I don't know of any authoritative list of "assembly order" for options
but the Assembly manual should help.  You may also want to download the
instructions for each of the options as they will also provide guidance
on both after the fact installation and installation in a new build.

For me, I would install the second DSP (part of the Sub RX) and DVK
with the initial build because they require removal of the front panel.
I would also install the Aux Antenna jack (part of the Sub RX), second
VCO (part of the Sub RX) and KXV3/KXV3A with the initial build but I
would install any other options (KBPF3 General coverage option, Sub RX,
KXV144 (but I would use the KXV144 side and fan covers) after I was
sure the basic rig was working properly.

> Also, I think there was a discussion about using the K3 with an Icom
> PW1 but not really sure. Anyone remember this?

Are you looking for "automatic" operation (band switching) of the PW-1
or simply "making it work" with the K3 using manual band switching of
the PW-1?

As far as i know the only way to make the PW-1 track the K3 is with a
microHAM Station Master and PA-PW1-HL cable or microHAM microKEYER II.
Station Master or MK II will convert K3 CAT data to Icom CI-V "CI-V
transceive" data to allow the PW-1 to think it is working with an Icom
transceiver.  For more information see "Using the Icom PW-1" at:
     http://microham-usa.com/store/cmspage.php?page_id=27

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.