May your good luck continue.

73

Steve
AA4AK

At 05:29 PM 9/1/2005 -0700, Earl W Cunningham wrote:
Stephen W. Kercel wrote:

"If your antenna is actually struck by lightning, the antenna itself will
most likely be destroyed, along with the coax and the rig.  Also the
building will suffer structural damage."
==========
In the 8 years that I lived near the Gulf Coast in Texas as W5RTQ (lots
of lightning there), my tower and antenna took many lightning hits with
no damage to anything whatsoever.  The antenna coax was always connected
to the rig.

In the 29 years I've lived here in the Mojave Desert (lightning is rare
here), my tower(s)/antenna(s) have been struck twice by lightning with no
damage to anything whatsoever.

I should mention that the towers involved had extensive buried ground
radial systems made up of bare wire (I shunt feed my towers on 160/80
meters).  I assume that my well-grounded towers attract lightning, but
obviously that lightning is safely conducted to ground.

73, de Earl, K6SE