Paul,

I'm currently using a MacBook Pro flaptop that I bought to study Apple
programming. It's currently running the latest version of OS X, Mountain
Lion. The upgrade cost 19.95 and was a non-event.

I also run Windows 7 on it under Parallels, a virtual machine. Both ML
and Win 7 run at the same time.

On the Mac side I settled on RUMLog for logging and CocoaModem for digi
work. RUMLog can use either CCM or FLDigi. No interface needed, just two
audio cables.

I tried MacLoggerDX and preferred RUMLog. IMHO, better support. Both
have rig control, RUMLog doesn't have rotor control.......yet.

The Mac's have a single jack for audio in and out. The simple solution
is a iMic dongle which splits 'em.

The Apple operating system is a civilized layer over the savagery of
Linux. I tried Linux on an extra flaptop and could never get it going to
my satisfaction.

The least expensive new Mac is the Mini.

73, Mike NF4L