Bob, OK on the programming. I use it for RTTY. I hope to improve my type
speed, however as you go typing is not the best RTTY print on the RX machine
when sent by me.

If there was a way to have a programmable character entry buffer which
released at 45bps, once you have entered eg; 10 characters, or whatever you
wish maybe also using  bt to fill spaces etc, it may improve sent print
quality. I use Vox send in svga config.

Of course if you are a good typer then you have no issue.

I have a few macro's and they are handy, but to have a decent qso, the
custom for qso keyboard entry is needed.
Having macro qso's on psk31 bored me to tears years ago, often the other
station will not type , but just send macro's incl 73.

Adrian ... vk4tux