Hi James,

On Sep 2, 2005, at 8:25 PM, James R. Duffey wrote:

Wayne - How do you assign the AGC function from the menu to the PF1 control
on the front panel?

It's actually "PFn" (for "programmable function"), not "PF1". My typo.

Just locate the PFn menu entry and set it to "AGC" rather than "nor". The "nor" setting allows the XIT/PFn switch to control XIT, but it becomes the PFn switch when you assign it to something else. Another compromise in the name of turning the backlight on/off ;)

I find the ability to turn off the AGC in a rig to be very useful,
particularly when adjacent strong signals or lightning crashes are present.
Like field day. :^)=

Some people use AGC OFF, but even more never turn it off, which is why I described this option.

Maybe I will just give up the extra 6 or 10 mA.

A reasonable plan. Or you could add a backlight on/off switch to the left side panel.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---