Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

I did have one bad solder joint on TR7, fixed it by soldering one lead on top.
Maybe the problem is related to that.
Tuning L34 doesn't seem to do much of anything. There was no 3.3pf capacitor
for C22 on the RF board, but I had one 2.7pf left over after finishing, so I
assumed I had to use that..
I did try to compare the K2 with the K1 without the ATU, it does make a
difference, now it is closer (with preamp on). Maybe I'm being too picky. I was
assuming the K2 would run circles around the K1.
Don, what kind of additional data can I gather that would help make a diagnosis?
I do not have an RF signal generator, but I have a K1 and a dummy load.
It is peculiar that the 20m band is the most affected… Could filter setting be
the cause?
I do have spectrogram on my iPod, but the interface is different than on the PC
version, not usable for filter adjustments.
(I use a Mac…)

Gil.
--
New site: http://radiopreppers.com