I've had this happen several times after the output power disappeared.

It appears to be that the RF ground return to the output connector is completed
through the "2D" block at the upper rear of the K3 (as viewed from the front.)

If I'm wrong about this I'm sure a response will be forthcoming, but my
experience has been that loosening the screw(s) and "scrubbing" the interface
to the output board (no ATU in my K3) and retightening will fix the problem.
Until calling the next DX station that I need for a new one, that is.

Wes  N7WS