Hi,
I completed the installation of my KRX3 this evening (and upgraded the
DSP board on my main RX, too).

When I first turned the unit on, I received ERR PL1. This cleared out,
then I tried to calibrate the synthesizers. First, I tried the SUB. It
went through its procedure and then returned E 00005 ERR VCO. I did
the same thing with the main synthesizer, and received the same
result.

I did have to add the 27 ohm resistor (tested the resistance
afterwards, and it was as expected--around 27 ohms instead of 100
ohms). I also added the jumper wire for automatic front-end
protection.

I do have an older K3 (S/N 110), so perhaps that's to blame...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-john W4PAH
Madison, WI