Brian - I think this is normal behavior for the KAF2 (mine does the same
thing anyway) - I think it's just displaying the time that was last viewed
and takes about a second to update, as you mentioned.

I'd rather see placeholders (such as --.--.-- or 'rtc' upon entry to that
display instead of invalid data, but it never really bothered me much.
Ideally maybe hh.mm.ss but I don't think the display can show an 'm'

--Andrew, NV1B
maineware.net