Jim,

Plasma TVs are wideband signal generators, and almost certain to cause
QRN.  Go for a good LED TV and things will be interference free.  Yes,
the plasma TVs are less expensive, but if you value your on-air time
while the XYL watches TV, you will need to use something other than a
plasma TV.

73,
Don W3FPR