I Just tryed this now, and wow, this is cool!!

I now have a remote panel (the KX3) for my TS-590!! :-)

I can now tune and change modes on my TS-590 from the KX3.

But the KX3 turns of all the receive/transmit functionality so I didn't got any
panadapter, and I can't use any of the other unik features of the KX3, so I'm
only halfway there.
And it only goes one way, so tuning the TS-590 will not tune the KX3. I haven't
yet tryed on the K2 (need to make a new cable for that), but I guess it's the
same.
If I dare suggest a new meny option who lets the RX/TX on the KX3 remain on, I
will get about 90% to the target. :-)
(The remaining is 5% antenna switching, which is easy
http://www.herostechnology.co.uk/pages/RF_Filters/filters.html#SPLTBYP and 5%
for leting the TS-590 control the KX3, the last 5 % I can't see any easy
sollution for.)

Martin Storli
LA8OKA
Oslo, Norway