On 9/10/2012 8:12 PM, Kirby Hallenbeck wrote:
> I will also note that both sets were treated with the large ferrite cores
> K9YC did the group buy on a while back and I haven't done a before after
> cores on the Panasonic, as I just put them on when I installed it.  I did do
> a before after on the Samsung and although it helped the Samsung was so bad
> that I couldn't totally suppress it.

Kirby -- PLEASE post your excellent and detailed observations on the RFI
reflector.

One observation about the result of your application of chokes. I'm
thinking particularly of the Samsung box, but the concept applies to ALL
equipment.  Chokes on cables leaving a noise source, or entering a
victim, kill the part of the RFI that is conducted out of the set on
those cables and RADIATED by those cables acting as antennas. Chokes
cannot do anything about the trash that is radiated by WIRING INSIDE THE
BOX. So -- the trash you heard after you applied the chokes, assuming
that the chokes were ENOUGH to kill current those external wires, the
remaining trash was from inside the box, and you'll never kill it
without a major science project inside the box.

73, Jim K9YC