Joel Hallas wrote:

> While dabbling in the VHF contest this w/e, I noticed that there was
> low
> level noise as I turned the main VFO knob. It just seemed to be on 6
> meters.
> It wasn't a big problem, but I think some rigs have s/w options that
> take
> care of that, but I didn't see anything in the K3 menus.

Hi Joel,

This noise is typically not audible except on the highest bands with
very little band noise (or no antenna). You have a choice of methods
to eliminate it if necessary.

All of the following settings are per-band so you only need to try
them on affected bands:

1. Set MENU:VFO NR to ON.

2. If necessary, set MENU:RX SHFT to ON.

3. An alternative to (or supplement to) the above is to turn on the
regular receive noise reduction by holding the NR switch.

73,
Wayne
N6KR