Ian,

I would stay away from the Elecraft T1 tuner.  It is too small, the tuning
range is too large, its power consumption is way too low, the leds are too easy
to understand, it is too easy to use--DO NOT order the 817 cable that
automagically remembers band settings--and it is way too well built even if you
build it yourself.  It lacks air inside the case, compared to all other tuners
on the market.  The 9-volt batteries to power it are available at far too many
places, and you don't have to replace them nearly often enough.  You've been
warned.

73,

Eric WD6DBM
I am to the point of contemplating tuners to go with my FT-817 and
(probably) 20m half-wave OCF dipole antenna.  Has anyone used the
Elecraft T1 QRP tuner?  Can anyone speak intelligently to the (de)merits
of the device?  It gets really great reviews on eHam, but I tend to be
overly cautious of eHam reviews.  I'm interested in the opinions of
trusted sources before I plunk down the green for the kit.

Thanks all, and 73,

-- Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua