That's pretty much picking nits, in my opinion.  It doesn't really
matter whether you physically locate needed complex reactance at the
antenna or present it to the antenna via the transmission line physics
of a feedline ... the net result that exists at the antenna is exactly
the same (neglecting transmission line losses, of course) in either
case.  The only relevant distinction I can see is that "tuning" more
accurately refers to bringing something to resonance rather than also
transforming it to a different load impedance, but that falls into the
category of useless semantics for me and I can give you all sorts of
examples where it would be next to impossible to distinguish
electrically where an antenna ends.  The dividing line between an
antenna and the rest of the system is not at all as definitive as you
suggest, and pretending it is seems more likely to give a false
impression of how things really work than not.

73,
Dave   AB7E