Hello Group,

Apologies if this is too far off topic, but I have a question about
ground connection on a DX Engineering balun.

I have an 80m horizontal loop, fed with 300 ohm ladder line.  I use
this multiband.  The ladderline ends just outside the shack at a DX
Engineering 1:1 current balun, which has an aluminium case.  A 6 foot
length of RG213 then leaves the balun and passes through the shack
wall to the coax connector on the back of an unbalanced Palstar manual
tuner.  The tuner chassis is connected to station ground (bonded to
AC safety ground) via a direct wire, through the wall to a ground rod
less than 3 feet away.

On the balun case, there is a stud and wingnut to allow the
unbalanced  side of the balun (coax shield)  to be connected to
station ground.

A warning in the DXE balun manual states that the ground stud on its
case should not be connected to "antenna ground".  In my situation,
I'm not sure whether the coax on the shield between the balun and
tuner is considered to be part of the "antenna ground" and should
therefore  NOT be connected to station ground?

So my question is:

Should I connect the balun, via the case stud, directly to station
ground?  (The ground rod is only 2 feet below the balun, right
outside the shack.)

Or do I leave my current configuration, where station ground is
connected to the tuner chassis.

Thanks for any advice.

73
John