Hello Tim,

I am not sure the answer but I am sure you will lose the manual notch within
AGC loop in the IC7600.

If there is a strong carrier right next to your weak SSB signal, a manual notch
within AGC will notch out the carrier and bring up the weak SSB signal.  In
other words, the de-sense in AGC by the strong carrier will then be much
reduced in IC7600.

Of course, you can also solve this problem by turning AGC off.  However, Icom's
manual notch within AGC is particularly good in this specific application.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
 寄件人︰ Tim Hague <m0...@yahoo.co.uk>
收件人︰ "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期︰ 2012年09月20日 (週四) 9:59 PM
主題︰ [Elecraft] K3 v IC7600

Hi. I've recently acquired a KX3 and have noticed that in my very noisy
location the KX3 has the ability to hear signals that the IC7600 just can't,
specifically on 80M where plasma TV interference rules supreme.

I'm not using the noise blanker on either rig by the way.

My question is would I see a similar improvement if I was to sell the IC7600
and replace it with the K3,

Best regards, Tim Hague
Sent on my iPad