Gary,

SPE has some misconception that their ALC is fast enough that the
amplifier will not be overdriven - they do instruct the user to set the
drive power to maximum and let the amplifier control the drive.

That just does not make sense to me - by the time the amplifier detects
that it is being overdriven, the distortion has already occurred, and
then it takes a finite length of time for the amp to increase the ALC
and throttle back the driving power.  I just don't understand how that
can work in either zero or negative time to prevent distortion.

I would suggest you drive the SPE amps just like any other - adjust the
drive power to produce the desired power output on each band (yes, the
K3 will remember the drive power on a per band basis). That way, the
amplifier is never driven into the ALC region, and no distortion occurs.

The ALC line can be connected just in case there is some fault - the
amplifier can reduce the drive level to protect itself.

73,
Don W3FPR