We're on (anniversary) travel, but found the doc here on the laptop:

In Figure 2, take a close look at the KX3's DC power input.  The DC to
DC converter shown eliminates whatever power impurities remain at this
end of the interior DC branch circuit.  Being a boost-buck regulator,
the converter can accept a wide range of input voltages and produces a
steady 13.8VDC (adjustable).  The converter used in this example
installation is made by QSKJ (model QS-1212CCBA-80W).  In addition to
cleaning up the DC, the converter reduces voltage sag from the smaller
gauge interior wiring.  In order to prevent the converter from
introducing its own emissions, a Laird LFB174095 ferrite core was used
with 3 turns of the KX3's stock cable.  This killed all converter
emissions.

See
http://ca.picclick.com/DC-DC-Converter-QS-1212CCBA-80W-Power-Supply-251036051706.html.

73,