From: Dr John Farmer
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:01 PM
To: Mark n2qt
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 power output problems

Hi Mark,

Just read your posting.

I had some quirky things happen with my K3 with the tuner in Bypass mode. I
needed to "set" the bypass LC settings in the tuner to remedy them.

Try the following:
Switch back to ANT 1.
Attach 50 ohm dummy load to ANT 1.
Engage the ATU
Tune the ATU in to the dummy load on every band sequentially from 160 to 6m
Put ATU back into bypass mode and then retry the tx gain calibration
routine.

Hope that helps.

73
John