I have an SGC tuner and really love how it operates, but in keeping with where I believe these guys are going ...

The T1 in a weather proof box that could be put on the end of the pole [the dipole feed points]; a method of running the power to it; possibly a LED [remote] so you know it is working would be good, what do you think guys??

73  Chuck AA8VS  [be happy to beta test it]

----- Original Message ----- From: "ZPO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "OE3ZK Gerhard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT100 remote and weatherproof?

Gert,

    How about the Elecraft T1 in a weatherproof box for low-power or
one of the excellent SGC units for higher power?  The SGC's aren't
light weight, but they are solid and reliable.  I see plenty of them
strapped to vehicles over here.

73/N5VFF - Brian

On 9/7/05, OE3ZK Gerhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jack

thanks for your comments:

> An autotuner built specifically for that operation would provide much
> better results in a remotely mounted system.

Would a weatherproof autotuner like that not be a worthwhile project for the
Elecraft
community?

What I'm specifically (and many others) are looking for is a lighweight
remote autotuner which can
be used on a single loop antenna.

 73
Gert, OE3ZK