I wanted to let you all know that I have changed call signs.

My new call sign is N6LEW, just approved by the FCC.

If you're wondering why I switched from K6LMP, it's because I wanted K6LEW or
N6LEW when I first got back into amateur radio about a decade ago. Neither was
available, so I went with my initials. I found, over the years, that LMP isn't
a particularly good call sign for voice communiciation because it's hard to
distinguish between the letters M and N, and between P and T, so I kept getting
requests for repeats of my call during VHF contests, especially when it really
was a weak signal contact. ("Is that K6LNT?")

N6LEW, on the other hand, doesn't contain any confusable letters.

Plus, of course. it's my name.

Every couple of years I have checked the FCC call sign database for
availability. The former owner of N6LEW let his call sign drop several years
ago, and after I learned that the FCC's two year waiting period had expired, I
filed a request to re-issue it to me.

My  new email address is Lew (at) N6LEW (dot) us

73,

Lew Phelps N6LEW
(ex K6LMP)