Dwight (NS9I) showed me his LP-PAN set-up this past week, and it's very nice
indeed. I would have absolutely no problem going with that either. I was
advised by David at Elecraft that the K3 module needed (I forgot the part
number) is needed regardless if you go with the LP-PAN or the P3 itself...so I
figured that I really couldn't go wrong either way. So I just ordered the
module for the K3 and will install it. I have a Mackie 1640 Onyx firewire sound
board, and that will work just fine as a sound interface. So either way, I'm
good. I just have bigger fish to fry right now, with the radio itself and then
installing a zero-five 30' flag pole antenna in the yard and running the coax
and ground radial system. The "P3 vs LP-PAN" contest will have to wait a couple
months, lol.
The P3 looks brilliant though, with that external monitor. Very impressive
indeed!
TB