On Oct 21, 2012, at 7:37, Barry N1EU <barry.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think you'll find any off-the-shelf headset with a compatible PTT
switch.  You can use the TX button on the front of the rig or VOX - both
these headsets work well on VOX.

Depends on what nature decided to do around you :).. I used this one with
the ACC2 adapter in the cable kit for the KX3 with great success on a
recent SOTA outing.  Straight plug in, no hacking up of the connector
needed.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/icomptt.php

I strapped the velcro around my left hand so I could work the log with my
right hand.  Worked very well and no fumbling for the PTT.  Made life very
convenient and gave me space to spread out on the rock ledge to get
"comfortable".

Aircraft Spruce has a number of other PTTs if you fancy something else btw.

73,
Christian
AK4VV