Tom was quite the gentleman to admit a trimming error on the K1 backlight diffusers. But the back story is that Tom volunteered to cut these for us at no charge, AND wrote those great instructions for us, AND worked with us to refine the installation -- all on his own time.

Throughout our brief history as a company, Tom has helped us bring up new designs by doing extensive testing of prototypes. He is also the first reviewer for nearly every manual we write. He's got a great eye for detail, and always has the interest of kit builders in mind. This is just a sample of Tom's generosity; he also volunteers his time at trade shows and helps builders with alignment and troubleshooting. We should probably open a store in Lohman, Missouri and make it official.

For all this, Tom's reward is being beta tester #1 on most kits, as well as an open invitation to Elecraft's annual Christmas party, which he and Jerri usually make it to. We couldn't ask for a better deal ;)

So let's all accept Tom's "apology" with a wink and a hearty pat on the back.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---