I don't want to start up the CW vs SSB thread again either. But I have spent
at least an hour every day on google and Alta Vista since Katrina hit
searching for ANY evidence that hams used CW for Katrina traffic and I'm
coming up blank. I went to the NREN web site and their newsletter hasn't
been posted for a year. I went to their Announcements page and they listed
several dozen SSB nets covering the Gulf States, but not a single CW net.

Does NREN have any statistics about the number of messages they have been
able to handle concerning Hurricane Katrina?

Has anyone on here handled any Katrina traffic with CW?

I talked to everyone I could find in emergency communications at the SW ARRL
Convention here in Riverside this weekend. That included two clubs that are
very active in their respective cities, including receiving grants for
equipment. None of their specially designed emergency response trailers have
HF capability and none of them have ever used CW in a real or simulated
emergency. VHF, UHF, FM, packet, even ATV aboard police helicopters tied
into the FLIR camera, but no CW.

Would someone please tell me what is going on with CW in emergency
communications. I seem to be the only one who can't see any evidence of it
being used. I'm going to write Jim Wades as well. Maybe he can give me a
lead.

I would dearly like to write some articles showing CW's role in emergency
communication, but its tough without any facts to go on.

Offline answers would be great.

Eric
KE6US
www.ke6us.com