Toby,

I am far more sensitive to fan noise than most folks and have spent a
lot of time making my KPA500 much quieter by modifying it and by other
means.  This topic is probably not of interest to most on this list
because, compared to most amps, the KPA500 is NOT loud (and many have
said it is much quieter).  Contact me off list and I will be happy to
share my experience with you.

Don K7FJ