Hi all,

We have a new field-test K3 firmware release (MCU 4.58/DSP 2.80) that
offers improved CW text decode. The improvement is due largely to the
addition of an independent CW decode AGC system. The regular AGC
threshold, decay, slope, and other settings now have virtually no
effect on CW decode accuracy. Decode timing has also been changed
slightly to improve copy of code sent with shortened letter spaces--
typical of operators who "rush" their code, running letters closer
together.

(Of course there isn't much we can do about extreme QSB, though we did
briefly consider adding natural language parsing and a predictive
lexicographical and semantic engine.)

If you'd like to try this experimental release, please email me
directly. You'll need to load the code using the instructions for beta
code releases on our web site.

73,
Wayne
N6KR