Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply.  According to the EZNEC and TLW programs, on 20m you
should be seeing the following SWR values at the shack end of the coax.  I
have also shown the total loss of the 450 ohm ladder line and the coax, but
not the insertion loss of the 1:1 balun.  For this exercise I have assumed
that your coax is RG-213, and is 90 ft in length.

14.00 MHz    SWR =  4.22 : 1      Feeder loss =  1.99 db
14.31 MHz    SWR =  1.87 : 1      Feeder loss =  0.94 db

The balun (which I have not included) will have some effect on the SWR and
the total loss of the feed system, because the load presented to it by the
ladder line and antenna is reactive - more so at 14.0 MHz than at 14.31 MHz.

I see that your W2 shows a SWR of 4:1 on 20m, was the measurement frequency
close to 14.0 MHz or right across the band?

Please let me know if you do not have EZNEC nor TLW, and would like to see
similar data for the other bands.

73,

Geoff
LX2AO