I've just recently set the K3 up with N1MM to do SSB.  I'm using VOX and
N1MM F key recordings.  During a practice SS QSO, I received reports of a
"big echo" in my transmitted audio.  After listening closer, I, too, heard
the echo in the MON.

I've never had this problem.  But, then, I've always had the Heil Mic
plugged into the K3 Rear Panel; not through the computer.

Now the Heil Mic is plugged directly into Computer Mic In.  Computer Line
Out directly into K3 Line In.   Setup N1MM F key recorded messages.  These
sound OK.

Is the MIC going thru the SoundCard doing something to add the echo?  I
can't see any computer Soundcard settings that would indicate implementing
an audio echo effect.

I've reset audio controls on the K3: VOX, Mic Level, Compression, TX Gate &
Mon, etc.  Speakers OFF. MIC SEL=Line In.

Anyone have any clues as to what I may be overdriving,  have set wrong, not
adjusted properly, plugged into wrong place, etc, to produce "echoes"?

     73  James / K1SD / Rhode Island