I want to write two K3 macros, one for selecting the front panel Mic (MH2) and
setting Mic gain and speech compression, and one for selecting the back panel
mic (Yamaha CM500) and setting mic gain and speech compression.

>From my reading of the K3 programmer's reference, I know the following:

- Mic gain command is                   MG010    (000 to 060)
- Speech compression is                 CP016     (000 to  040)
- Mic select is                         MN053
- changing VFO A                        UP or DN

… but I am not sure how to more discretely select front panel mic or back panel
mic, and not sure about whether I need to use the MN255 to exit the MN command
series.

A potential command sequence is MN053;UP;MN255;MG010;CP016    …    if currently
set on the front panel mic to change to the back panel mic, I think.   Though
avoiding use of UP and DN would be preferable.

I have entered two macros that I got from the Programmer's Reference, the
SPLIT+2 and the CLEANUP, and they work just fine.

Advice is appreciated.

73,
Hoop
K9QJS