I really like the K3 Utility that runs on the Mac.    It works.   I don't have
to mess around with a manufacturer's Window's based application to do firmware
upgrades by running it under Parallels.    These recent rounds of
much-appreciated firmware upgrades remind me how much I value the decision that
Elecraft made to support the Mac version of the utility as well as other
platforms.

I like the K3-available USB/Serial cable with firmware … it works without my
having to pull out my hair the way I did on my previous XCVR with my
made-in-China cable.   Then again I don't have much more hair to pull out.

The 58 beta that improves text decode works very well.   I'm new to the K3 and
don't know what it was like with a previous firmware version.    I am working
on learning CW, and the text decode feature brings another degree of enjoyment
as I continue on my learning path.

I like the serial number decision … to not camouflage serial numbers the way
many manufacturers do but rather to use sequentially assigned serial numbers in
the build order.    I am perfectly OK associating my Ham identity with my
serial numbered K3.

I had fun this past weekend casually participating in the Sweeps.   I worked
some states and provinces that I had not worked previously because it was
easier for me to hear the stations that were not in the sweet spot for my
dipoles direction.

Thanks, Elecraft !

73,
Hoop