I would think anyone with an XG3 could use to do the extended VFO calibration. I tested mine and it has reasonable accuracy and stability. Of course I have a mw counter with E-11 accuracy for checking this so I can just set the KX3 exactly to that frequency.

I have not run the KX3 thru frequency measurements so may have to do that after trying the procedure recommended by Wayne. I run the KX3 on 28-MHz IF for 2m-FM so that mode is a good test of frequency drift. I run the KX3 at 3w to drive my 2m-transverter.

When I have made these tests I will add the results to the power-point review I made for the proceedings of MUD-2012. It is on my website in pdf form:
http://www.kl7uw.com/Review_of_Elecraft_KX3.pdf

73, Ed - KL7UW