I have duplicated the filters installed in the main receiver for my sub
receiver.  There are five filters in each.  I really think it comes down to
what you intend to use the sub receiver for.  If you use it to check out
another part of the band or another band altogether while working a Qso or
simply listening to one portion of the band while wanting to check another
band for activity, then I think the wider filters will suffice.  I also
think the narrower filters are more important for CW operation than they are
for sideband, although, I realize opinions on that will vary.

If you want to use the sub receiver during split operation then perhaps the
filter selection becomes more critical.  Perhaps you should consider one
wide and one narrow filter to start with and then see how you use the sub
receiver and whether or not that filter lineup is adequate.  If you do not
plan to do diversity reception I think you will find that the use of the sub
receiver is relatively limited.  But again, it depends on your operating
habits and interests.

As far as the DVR is concerned, I do have it installed in one of my k3s and
I do have another DVR but I have never installed in the second k3.  I am not
a contester.  I think it would be of most use for calling CQ or giving
canned reports during a contest.  Because I do not engage in that activity,
it is of lesser importance to me.  I do use the CW memories however.  But
they come with the radio.

I can't answer the question of DVR versus another filter because that
depends very much on your operating interests and habits.  Perhaps it would
be best for you to hold off considering that and just experiment with the
operation of the new sub receiver.  If it is configured in a way which
satisfies your use and does the job to your satisfaction, then perhaps it is
time to consider a DVR.  But if you are bothered by any IMD in the second
receiver and that is important to your operation, perhaps acquiring a
suitable additional filter would be a better choice.  I think you will need
some operating experience with the new set up before you can decide that.

Bruce-W8FU