K3 ser. No 03674
MCU 4.39
Utility 1.2.12.28

I recently had to make a new TX gain calibration.  Apparently it was only 80m
where the K3 every now and then  displayed  "High Current" and reduced the
transmit power. Even when setting power to a low value (e.g. 25W) then the very
first CW character would create an output signal >100W  and the High Current
would briefly be displayed and the power then would be reduced.

The calibration went smooth and all is now again OK.

It might be interesting to compare the previous calibration result with the new
one. Unfortunately I didn't save the old calibration result before making a new
calibration and the results seem not to be automatically saved on the PC. Is
that correct, also in more recent versions of the utility?

My main question, however, is: what could have changed over time in the K3
which in turn makes a new calibration required? Maybe someone in this group
could make a complete list of the factors which could potentially have changed
and making a new calibration required.

Vy 73
OZ4UN