Regardless of any particular user's success or failures, please indicate the gain (or loss) with respect to an isotropic radiator (or a resonant dipole in its greatest gain forward position).

I have heard claims of success with the Miracle Whip, and have seen a lot of "it is a miracle that it radiates any signal at all" comments - I am not moved by such claims (that also applies to many other antenna manufacturers making similar statements) - show me the antenna patterns and the reference levels with respect to either a dipole or an isotropic radiator.

There are a lot of manufacturer's statements similar to "this antenna has worked DXCC in less that 24 hours" or something similar. I do not pay much attention to such claims, a $2 hunk of wire can be used to make those contacts too.

BUT, if whatever particular portable antenna you choose is sufficiently efficient for you, who am I to argue with your choice. My portable preference is an inverted VEE supported with my 32 foot telescoping fiberglass pole - it is either a full size resonant dipole on 80 through 6 meters (band set by jumpers), or it is a 44 foot dipole that needs a tuner. I use both depending on my mood and the physical circumstances. This is not pedestrian mobile, but then PM is not of current interest to me.

73,
Don W3FPR