Hi Joe

There's certainly more than one way to deal with this. External buffer
chips are an inexpensive solution. I didn't want yet another piece of
clutter in my already box and cable littered shack so I chose to mod the K3.

The K3 driver chips are not an issue at all. Any additional external pullup
would add to their load but would also provide the desired additional
pullup drive and make it possible to increase the value from 820ohms to
perhaps 1K. The KAT500/KPA500 add a fraction of a milliamp in total so they
are not an issue. They are the only devices other than the RCS12 on the
band outputs in my case.

The only other consideration is that the increased internal pullup drive
(lowered resistance) puts more load on the 5v regulator sourcing current to
those pullups. Again not an issue.

73

jim ab3cv