Bob,

That is the way it is supposed to work if you do not have a SubRX in your K3. Actually with the subRX it works the same way, but there is no need to use it since you can listen to your TX frequency in one ear and the RX frequency in the other ear.

So, I do not understand your "why" question. Just hold REV to listen to the frequency where you will transmit. Yes, the VFOs will swap for as long as you hold REV. You are always listening on what is displayed in the VFO A area.

73,
Don W3FPR