I have connected the cables as shown on page 6 of the KAT500 Automatic Antenna Tuner Owner's Manual, revision B3, November 20, 2012. I am connecting the K3, KPA500 and KAT500 using the DB15 interface cables and the two RCA (yellow end) cables for the separate key line. This diagram shows the key line interrupter inserted between the DB15 cable and the K3 ACC socket. I have not inserted the key line interrupter, and the system seems to work fine. However, I DO have to change the KPA500 from OPERATE to STANDBY when changing frequency because leaving it in the OPERATE position may cause the amp to FAULT when I hold the XMIT button on the K3. I believe the tuner is trying to search with high power. I wonder if inserting my key line interrupter would prevent this. All frequencies had been previously memorized by the KAT500. Thanks. Roy Morris W4WFB