Paul,

The short answer is the warnings do not apply to Line Out.

Line Out is always stereo but both right and left are transformer
coupled (you don't need the Rascal) and the primaries of both
transformers contain resistors that would limit current from the
DAC to a safe level even of the output of the transformer were
shorted.  I refer you to the K3 Schematic package on the Elecraft
web site.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV