The shafts on those controls can become worn where the shaft exits the body of the control, and that will allow an excessive amount of 'wobble' in the shaft and knob. The solution is to replace the controls. The VFO pot was improved a year or so ago, so if you have to older one with the blue body, the new one will be better and last a lot longer.

Another temporary solution is to remove the knobs and add some sort of washer (like a properly sized O-ring) between the panel and the knob.

73,
Don W3FPR