Bob,

To answer your power output discrepancy question first - the wattmeter in
the KPA100 must be properly calibrated before it will read correctly.  If
you can trust the calibration of your LDG, you can set the KPA100 wattmeter
to match that reading.  The instructions are in the manual.

BUT, your first problem to tackle is the lack of voltage at R12.  If there
is no voltage present there during transmit, the TR switch will not work
properly and that could certainly explain your max of 40 watts output.

Do you have negative voltage on U4 pin 8?  It is usually more negative than
20 volts. If you have voltage there and none at R12, there is either a short
to ground somewhere or there is something wrong with the high voltage bias
supply.  Look at the schematic (sheet 2) and identify the diodes and
capacitors in the HV Bias Supply and check each one of them for proper
orientation and soldering.

73,
Don W3FPR