I've had the KX3 for a couple of months now and have heard the noise for the
first time just recently.
At the time I had no antenna connected to the unit whilst charging the
batteries and turned the knob and there it was.  It was barely above the
noise level of the rig itself (which is awful quiet).  Later that evening
the noise was gone - I simply could not hear it no matter what I did, 10m
through LF.  Next day I could hear it again.
The noise came and went with temperature.  We're into summer here and during
the middle of the day when it's stinking hot it's there, morning and evening
when it's cooler it's gone.  Kind of "feels" like a bit of DC shift in the
direct conversion mixers with temperature that results in a low frequency
artefact when the digital VFO makes a step change in frequency.
In normal use, with an antenna, I can't hear it under any circumstances.
It's of no consequence (to me).
Regards, Peter VK4JD.