Actually, if you just want to listen to SSB and send CW, there are a couple of
ways to achieve that even without Wayne's upcoming CW-in-SSB enhancement

1) set split mode on the KX3, with SSB on the RX VFO, and CW on the TX VFO

2) set the radio to CW mode, and open up the bandwidth of the PBT to let the
SSB signal through. Tune off frequency by 600Hz or so to make the SSB sound
clear (can use also use RIT if you want). You may need to select CW-R if you
are wanting the opposite sideband.

Of course, none of this is as convenient as the CW-in-SSB feature will be, but
it does allow you to participate in those cross mode situations like you often
get with CW practice nets for example.

73, Matt VK2RQ