Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 9:57 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 HRD Ver 6

DXsuite is a good product, and HRD is also a very good product.  I do
not object to paying the authors a sum of money to keep food on the
table for their family.  That is -- if I will actually use the product.

Personal situation applies - I no longer use HRD in my normal operating,
I use it only at the workbench to test the K2 serial port connection
capability.  It either connects or does not, and if it does not, I need
to search for the problem.

At the operating position, I use Fldigi and while that does not have all
the bells and whistles of HRD v6.x, it does the job for me.

What I am saying is - look for the value of advanced function for your
own particular situation when choosing between various applications.
Some may work to your advantage, and others may not fulfill all your
needs.  Put you money on those which enhance your operating experience.

If the information I have 'from the grapevine'. HRD will become an
awesome product, especially for those who operate digital modes as well
as other modes.  Yes, that opinion is based on promises rather than
personal experiences - HRD promises to be well integrated with the K3
and KX3, but from the reports I am seeing on the reflector, it has made
progress, but is "not there yet"

73,
Don W3FPR