Bill,

There is already a solution available for accessing for K3 remotely without the K3/0. If you have your home K3 already setup with the RemoteRig RRC, then all you need to access on the road is the "dongle" from RemoteRig called the "RRC Micro PC Client".

See http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=28 for details.

Of course, this requires a software rig interface (HRD or any other control software) and has no interface for a paddle, but otherwise offers you full access while on the road.

The K3/0 offers you the "real experience" as if you are sitting in front of your K3, plus has paddle support. As you say, it is not always possible to carry that with you.

73,
Mitch DJ0QN